Sunday, September 11, 2011

Politics...

Before the first day of AP government, I had absolutely no interest in anything involving the government or politics.  However, I soon realized that even though I do not pay any attention to politics, I do know some of the basics.  I like to say I am pretty informed and up-to-date about what is going on in the world.  In class, I was able to recognize many of the faces put up on the smart board and unknowingly, understand who they are and what they are doing for the government.

This made me realize...  Although I do not have a particular interest in politics, our world is full of it.  And whether I like it or not, I am surrounded by it.  Just by watching the news, I guess I am subconsciously absorbing information about the world in which I live, and who is governing it.  

I feel like AP Government will allow me to finally learn about who I see on the news and give me the chance to dive deeper into what the government is, and who exactly the people are that run our government.  I can say that the few issues/concepts I am intrigued by are the education system, corruption in the government, and the views/morals of the different parties.  

Each of these concepts affect me directly.  I am a part of the public education system and I am curious to see how it is run, and how  decisions are made.  Also, I need to gain more knowledge about the parties involved in the government since I will be voting in the upcoming election.  I would like to be able to understand what each party and candidate stands for and eventually develop opinions on how each strategy and plan will ultimately effect the world in which I live.

3 comments:

  1. Did you comment on two of your classmates' blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Taraborrelli, I wrote my 20 questions the other day. However, it looks like I saved it as a draft, rather than posting it. I Just posted it when I saw your comment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete